Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A deal, not a steal

{Sometimes} it is not stealing to walk out of Publix {almost} without paying!


I just got home from one of those shopping trips where I almost feel like I should be looking over my shoulder as I leave.  Today, I gave the cashier 59 cents and left with 15 razors, a cupcake, and two cookies!


Yes, that's a lot of baked goods, I know.  But, I had to get something to cover the overage, so I figured a cookie would be the perfect post-Passover treat.  Only the lady in the bakery gave me two, for free!  It was like when I was a kid and had my cookie club card.  Since I was standing at the bakery and still needed to get something, I got a single cupcake (84 cents, I think she gave me another deal!). 


After all that, they only had one pack of the specific razors (BIC Soleil Bella, 3 packs) in the coupon, so I asked if they would prefer to give me a rain check, or sub out a different BIC Soleil razor that was the same price, but a 4 pack.  Well, the manager substituted the razors, so I got three more than the twelve I had planned.  So, there was a lot of luck involved in my deal, but had I only gotten 12 razors and a cookie, it still would have been great!


Hopefully this story will help energize you in your couponing and deal seeking!  

No comments:

Post a Comment