Sunday, April 17, 2011

Internet printable coupons

When I first was introduced to internet printable coupons, I wondered why I couldn't just make copies of these if I needed more.  Well, a little bit of research later and I had my answer.  Each one has a unique code in it.  If I print one and you print one they are actually different coupons.  And, while the stores may not know this, the coupon clearinghouse does.  That unique code also says who we are!  So, if tons of coupons start coming in with my same code, not only will the clearinghouse know they are copies, but they will know who to blame.  
Now, some advice on how to make the most out of online coupons without breaking the rules:
  • The print limit is usually 2 on these coupons.  So, after you print, hit the back button (twice for me usually) and you can print again.  You can try a third time, but it will usually say that you have printed your maximum limit already.
  • The limit is 2 prints per computer, not per person.  So, if you have more than one computer, go for it!
  • Need more?  Call in a favor from a friend or relative.  If the printable is a nice high value coupon, it could easily be worth the postage to get a few by mail.  
Anyone want to send me free yogurt?  I used up my prints the last time these were on BOGO :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment